Art Researcher/Project Manager | Heni Group
Role: Art Researcher/Project Manager
Salary: Dependent on experience
Hours: Mon-Fri, 9-6pm
Start date: ASAP
ROLE SUMMARY/PURPOSE OF JOB
The Heni Group is a London based fine arts services group comprising four companies. In total the company employs circa 100 members of staff and is growing.
As part of Heni Digital you would work on the website of a contemporary German artist, coordinating the research team and ensuring a consistently high standard of material. The role also entails carrying out research and editing data in close collaboration with your team members, providing new and historical content aimed at both scholarly and general audiences. As this role encompasses the management of a small team, a certain degree of maturity and responsibility is desired. This is an exciting role for a bi-lingual art historian to join a friendly art research team in an exciting, fast-growing art services company.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DELIVERABLES
- Management of the research team by organising workloads and priorities
- Maintain website, carry out research and provide content for the website, always keeping it up to date with current developments
- Ensure continual improvement and reviewing of existing data
- Write and proof-read texts in German and English
- Liaise with stakeholders and external researchers and institutions; answering email requests and filtering incoming enquires
- Tracing images and their copyrights
- Documenting and archiving of data content
- Producing and editing of video content
- Representing the artist on social media
- A degree in Art History with a strong interest and knowledge in contemporary art
- Native German language skills (at least C2 – CEFR or comparable)
- Fluency in both written and spoken English
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Must be pro-active and self-sufficient in organising workload
- The ability to work as part of a team as well as independently
- MS Office skills
- Experience of editing web content
- Knowledge of another European language (ideally French/ Italian/ Spanish) or Chinese
- Previous experience with FileMaker and/or databases or CMS
- Experience with managing Social Media accounts
If you would like the chance to join a friendly team in a creative and fast-growing company, please email your CV and covering letter in English or German under the subject heading “Art Researcher”.
Unfortunately, due to the large number of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to unsuccessful applicants individually.