Association for Art History | Admin & Membership Coordinator
Association for Art History
We are looking to appoint a fixed-term Administration & Membership Coordinator to work in our central London Office.
Part-time, 9 – 5 (or equivalent), 28 hours per week over four days
Duration: 6 months, fixed-term, freelance contract (subject to possible extension)
Start date: early June 2018
Salary: £12 per hour
Application deadline: 14 May 2018
Main Purpose of Role
Take care of general office admin and process membership subscriptions. Responsibilities:
• Facilitate all aspects of managing the office admin – including answering the phone, emails, collecting and posting mail, internal room booking and calendars, ordering stationery and other general admin tasks.
• Assist with any other appropriate admin tasks that may be reasonably required, such as filing, archiving, compiling lists.
• Support the CEO and other staff members as required.
• Process all new and renewal membership applications. This will involve processing online memberships, postal memberships and direct debit memberships which may involve using a manual credit card machine.
• Run monthly membership reports.
• Liaise weekly with Finance Officer regarding membership payments.
• Liaise weekly with Deputy CEO regarding member enquiries and event bookings.
Office Software and Packages
Subscriber CRM system, Ms Word, MS Excel, Mailchimp, WordPress, Twitter, Facebook, Outlook, Eventbrite.
Fixed-term Position: Admin & Membership specification
This is a part-time, fixed-term, freelance position in a small charity organisation that does advocacy, events, grants, membership and publications for art history. We work closely with universities, colleges, museums, galleries and other cultural organisations. There are six members of staff and a board of Trustees.
The role would suit someone who has existing admin particularly if this involved membership/friends or patron schemes. Equally it would suit someone who is keen to work in membership or build upon existing experience and develop their skills within the charity or arts sector.
The candidate must have good administrative skills, be proficient with database/CRM systems, have a pro-active approach to work, and be able to work confidently by themselves and as part of a small team. They must be able to manage their time and workload effectively, and have excellent organisational skills. They should be able to take initiative and be able to handle multiple responsibilities efficiently.
The Administration and Membership Coordinator would be the first point of contact within the Office. They should, therefore, have excellent communication and interpersonal skills and be able to demonstrate diplomacy and tact.
They would be required to work four days a week in the London office (with some flexibility). The Association for Art History is a registered charity that is committed to equal opportunities for all.
Please email your CV with a cover letter that says why you’d be interesting in this role.
Application deadline: 14 May.