Librarian | Heni Group
Salary: Dependent on experience
Hours: Mon-Fri, 9-6pm
Start date: ASAP
ROLE SUMMARY/PURPOSE OF JOB
The Heni Group is a London based fine arts services group comprising four companies. In total the company employs circa 100 members of staff and is growing.
Supporting both the Heni Talks and Heni Digital teams, you would be responsible for the upkeep, management and expansion of our in-house library. Working closely with our research and video teams, you would liaise with publishing houses, museums and distributors, ensuring that the latest publications on various artists and subjects are available for the teams. The role includes carrying out research in regards to publications and editing related data on a number of websites. This is an exciting role for someone with a keen interest in the arts to join an exciting, fast-growing arts services company.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DELIVERABLES
- Maintain and update the library and its database
- Work closely with the art research team to keep the website[s] updated
- Research and acquisition of publications relevant to our projects
- Carry out the documentation, classification and labelling of new and current acquisitions
- Write and proof-read texts in both German and English
- Carry out annual stock takes
- Advanced German language skills (desirably native, at least C1 – CEFR or comparable)
- Fluency in both written and spoken English
- Experience of working as a librarian
- Excellent administration and communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- The ability to work as part of a team as well as independently
- MS Office
- An interest in the art world and/or knowledge of art book distribution
- Experience with FileMaker
- Knowledge of another European language (ideally French/ Italian/ Spanish) or Chinese
- Experience in web content editing
If you would like the chance to join a friendly team in a creative and fast-growing company, please email your CV and covering letter in English or German under the subject heading “Librarian”.
Unfortunately, due to the large number of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to unsuccessful applicants individually.